Oprah and Eckhart Tolle presented a web series back in 2008 with Eckhart’s book A New Earth; Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose.
It was a 10 week gathering that brought together people from all over the world for a collective book study.
Did anyone see this series? If so, what did you learn from it or like about it?
I have used this book for a class I did in January this year, and it raised some interesting discussions. I will be using it again beginning March 10 for the next four week course entitled, Find Your Place of Serenity.
Below are several quotes from his book to further give an idea of his teachings if you haven’t read it which are not necessarily new but always a good reminder nonetheless:
- “Awareness is the power that is concealed within the present moment. … The ultimate purpose of human existence, which is to say, your purpose, is to bring that power into this world.”
- “You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge.”
- “Become conscious of being conscious.”
- “Can you look without the voice in your head commenting, drawing conclusions, comparing, or trying to figure something out?”
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”
- “You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.”
- “Living up to an image that you have of yourself or that other people have of you is inauthentic living.”
- “Awareness is the greatest agent for change.”
- “Defining yourself through thought is limiting yourself.”
- “The past has no power to stop you from being present now. Only your grievance about the past can do that.”
- “Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them.”
- “What the future holds for you depends on your state of consciousness now.”