A while ago, I had written a mindfulness mantra, and the meditation process listed below. Many reported that they found both to be very helpful. Meditation is also discussed on Day 4 of my 21 Day personal development guide.
No better time than the present to get started or recharge the habit. Candles and soft music are optional but are wonderful accompaniments!
- Find a quiet and peaceful place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Close your eyes and take several deep breaths.
- Breathe in good thoughts, soothing images, and peaceful outcomes.
- Breathe out tension, stress, anxiety and fear.
- Select a positive statement or series of statements such as, “I love my life,” “All is well,” or “Everything works out for my highest good.”
- Introduce those affirmations while you visualize a ball of light entering the top of your head and traveling down to the tips of your toes, spreading a healing energy throughout your body.
- Repeat this as many times as you need to clear away any unhelpful thoughts, or projections that cause an internal disturbance.
I am generous, I am kind,
and in complete control of my mind.
When negative thoughts try to lead me astray,
I focus on blessings I live with each day.
So grateful for choices, love, joy, and peace,
through prayer and meditation, these can only increase.
— Cathie Barash
What positive words, mantras or practices work best for you?