As many of you know, in addition to doing personal growth coaching with wonderful clients, I’ve been pursuing a Master’s degree in counseling, which takes me away from my communicating here from time to time.
The last few weeks have especially flown by quickly, but I wanted to check in, as I always enjoy our connecting together and will continue to do so.
Connection is so important and it makes me think about all the wonderful contacts I’ve made throughout the years, who have been empowering mentors that provided very valuable personal guidance along the way.
As most of us can attest to, without supportive direction, many of us wouldn’t be pursuing or achieving the goals we have in our life.
That being said, sometimes it’s not always easy to find or know where to go to find the needed support we are looking for at a given time.
Often, when introducing myself and what I do, I’m often asked what a coach does, which is a great question, as it can mean different things to different people.
Therefore, below is a relatively brief highlight list of what a coach or mentor can assist with as follows:
- A coach helps you clarify what you want to accomplish in your life
- Supports you through your fears and self-doubt
- Keeps you focused on the big picture of where you want to go
- Guides you to do your best and step outside your comfort zone
- Helps you to live authentically by being true to yourself
- Discusses how to use your thoughts and energy more effectively
- Keeps you focused on taking small actions that garner huge results
- Encourages self-care behaviors to enhance your well-being
What could you add to the list from your experiences with a mentor?
For more information, feel free to contact me here.
Enjoy your day!